Citizen Scientists play an increasing role in contributing to research and discovery. The Wisconsin State Herbarium has benefitted tremendously from the volunteer efforts of amateur naturalists, retired teachers, and other citizens who generously donate their time and expertise toward making the collections better for all.
Examples of Citizen Scientist activities include:
- Collecting voucher specimens in the field that represent new county records for WI
- Mounting and/or digitizing specimens in the Herbarium
- Donating photographs of native plant species
- Assisting with natural area site inventories
- Transcribing specimen label data at home from images provided over the web
WE NEED YOU!
To Discuss Volunteer Opportunities, Please Contact Us